Below are the software that can be used to download the youtube videos. Each of the software is best on its own and provides a different experience. Some can be used directly form the terminal and some have graphical user interface. I am recommending three softwares:-
I am currently using this software to download youtube videos. Minitube provides its own user interface to surf and download the videos.
How to download Minitube
- To download Minitube open your terminal and type the given below command $ sudo apt-get install minitube
2) flareget download manager
flareget download manager is for Linux like IDM (Internet Download Manager) is for windows. It’s a download Manager with additional facility of downloading youtube videos. It has a “youtube grabber plugin” which when integrated with chrome or firefox, lets you download the video right from the youtube page directly.
How to install Flareget Download Manager
- Click here to Download the Flareget’s latest version
- Download the debian package for your distro
- Navigate to the directory where the file is downloaded, In my case it’s Downloads folder
- Install the debian package by entering the following command into the terminal sudo dpkg -i name_of_the_downloaded_file.deb
Some of us are very fond of Terminal and always prefer Terminal over GUI. youtube-dl provides the facility to download the video from the terminal itself, all you need is the link of the video which you want to download.
How to install youtube-dl
$ sudo apt-get install youtube-dl
To download any youtube video you just copy the url and type the following command